To write well, you must write what you know.This is what I know......

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Letter

I was thinking of my "Dog Sees God" family. I am very close to my three year anniversary of graduating college. I am reminiscing on my last semester in college---the best half of a year in a long time. I miss what I do not have anymore, but I look forward to what is to come. Here is a letter I wrote:

To my family of DOG SEES GOD,

I want to thank you for this amazing experience. It was wonderful watching the progression of the show since the first read through. What we have now, it is beautiful. It exceeds all expectations I had. Oh, how I wish that the world could see what we have created. Words and feelings are ineffable about how I feel about each and every one of you.
          I want each of you to promise me you will never stop doing what you are doing. Keep dreaming. Keep reaching. Keep wishing. I heard once on a beer commercial that “those brave enough to chase their dream will catch it.” It has stuck with me ever since. Go out and chase that dream. Work hard. Live, laugh, love, but above all hope. Do not ever give up hope, like that beautiful anonymous person in that letter almost did. Like I almost did.
            Like the anonymous person (in the letter), little pieces of my self were ripped away by situations in my life that a lot of people do not know about, and possibly never will.
You never know what another is going through, or how by some miracle you can be a witness to someone and change their life. And we had the awesome, wonderful chance to do just that.
     Theatre saved my life. It was a last resort, really and I wanted nothing to do with it.
I am so thankful I chose theatre. It gave me hope. It gave me…..me.
This is why we all must continue to do what we do. Live our lives striving to reach others, because contrary to what some believe theatre does have power to change.
       Each one of you has changed me for the better. How blessed I am to know you. How wonderful it is to be apart of this fabulous show and witness a miracle. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for the opportunity. Thank you for allowing my last collegiate theatre experience to be Dog Sees God.
Let me leave you with these favorite quotes of mine.

“Always do what you’re afraid to do.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Creativity is allowing your self to make mistakes, art is knowing which ones to keep.”-Scott Adams

 “Acting is forever carving a statue of snow.”-Lawerence Barrett

“Beginnings are scary. Endings are usually sad, but it’s what’s in the middle that counts. So, when you find yourself at the beginning just give hope a chance to float up, and it will.”-Movie quote: Hope Floats

 
“If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.”-Nora Roberts

So, go. Step forward. Hope. And never stop doing what you are doing. Create art. Live. Laugh. Love.

I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment