To write well, you must write what you know.This is what I know......

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES

“Never leave that til tomorrow, which you can do today. We have to sweep today’s possibility under tomorrow’s rug until we finally understand for ourselves what Benjamin Franklin meant. That knowing is better than wondering. That waking is better than sleeping.” –Grey’s Anatomy

I feel as if I am in an awkward phase of my mid-twenties; with my twenty-sixth birthday just ninety six days away…I’m beginning to think there is more than the life I’m living. Hell, there is ALWAYS MORE. I always thought that by twenty-six I’d be married with a kid or two. I’m so far away from beginning there and it scares me.

Today, I thought about what it must be like to be Kate Winslet. Ironically, as I type this a Titanic song comes up in my I-tunes. She is beautiful. She is ridiculously blessed with a career that I only dream of having. Then I think, “I would just like to meet her.” I’d shake her hand and tell her “Thank you for impacting my life as an actor. Your work means a lot to me. Keep it up, Ms. Kate.” For some odd reason, I find that if I ever were to meet an actor I’d refer to them by Ms. or Mr. and either their first or last name. I don’t know why I feel the need that I must to this. Maybe it is the southern upbringing.

                As I was going through the scenario of meeting Ms. Kate Winslet in my head, I heard a voice say, “You were meant for something more.” I am meant for something more. As far back as I can remember I have had a fascination for movies, acting, production, and the music in the movies. As far back as I can remember I have always wanted to be a part of that.  I’ve wanted to create that magic that goes into a film. You were meant for something more.

I just know that I know that I know that I know….art/entertainment/film/TV is what I am supposed to be doing with my life.  Or maybe this writing thing will be my launching pad. Maybe I really will be the one who creates the magic, by writing the magic.

I am making it a point from this point forward to do what I can to follow my heart and chase my dreams; because, what if tomorrow never comes? If I don’t move forward now, I’m always in the same place…stuck. And maybe, just this once I won’t have to wonder anymore…I can finally know. I can stop sleeping and wake up to tomorrow’s realm of possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment