To write well, you must write what you know.This is what I know......

Sunday, August 19, 2012

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH (NO MORE TEARS)


“We don’t say “when” because there’s something about the possibility of more.” – Grey’s Anatomy

As a kid, adults always asked “say when.” I’d carefully watch as they poured the liquid, or piled up the food, and when it looked like enough I’d say “when.”Why say when, when there is the possibility of more?More life, more love, more adventure, more satisfaction, more experience, more growing, more compassion….just more.
           I’ve been at my job for a little over two years. I will hit the three year mark of graduating college in December.  I never saw myself at my job for this long. It was just supposed to be temporary. I’ve become really good at my job. The people I work with love my enthusiasm and willingness to help. I do not want to be at this job for forever. I just have to find a way to get out there in the world.
The most joy I receive all week is this blog. I write, I post, and I see all the positive feedback and page views and I am just overwhelmed at the response. I love to write. I was always told, ‘you’re a writer, Jennifer.’ I just need to find a way to make it happen. My glass of hope is over-flowing with passion and desire to make my life work.
          I miss my friends more than I ever thought I would. With my friends being scattered all over the United States, I just have to find the place that will work for me. I’d like to start traveling to these places to see if I can find the city that will work for me. Find the city. Find the job. I’m set. As much as I think about it, I’ve got to stop worrying about my financial situation and just try to make it work. I’m already on a pretty strict budget, and I know I would just have to be stricter in my finances.
                I’ve been watching F*R*I*E*N*D*S for the past week. Six people, living in New York and struggling with jobs, relationships, life and I feel that if I had a good support system life will work out. It will be hard. Every day it will be hard. But, with your friends there for you….it all changes.
Right now, in life I’ve been saying “when” without thinking of my possibility of something more.


“There’s something to be said about a glass half full…about knowing when to say “when.” I think it’s a floating line….a barometer of need and desire. It’s entirely up to the individual….and depends on what’s being poured. Sometimes, all we want is a taste. Other times, there’s no such thing as enough. The glass is bottomless, and all we want….is more. “


Live life with all the possibilities of more and know when to say “when.”

No comments:

Post a Comment