To write well, you must write what you know.This is what I know......

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN

“I believe in heaven. I also believe in hell. I have never seen either, but I believe they exist. They have to exist; because without a heaven, without a hell, we are all just headed for limbo.”
                                                                                                                                                  –Grey’s Anatomy

There are things in life that I will never understand.  I do not think we are meant to understand everything or be all knowing. I will never understand tragedy. I will never understand death. I will never understand heartache. Maybe I will never understand love.
I used to live a life so focused on being perfect. I used to live a life so focused on judging those who did not attend church or believe in God. I became a person I hated. I do not really know when everything changed, but it did.
          I do not understand the concept of telling a person “You’re going to Hell.” Who am I to say that? Who is anyone to say that? We do not know people’s circumstances. We do not know people’s true heart. Only God does. Let God be the judge. Let God be the jury. Let us sit in the stands a neutral spectator. Maybe then there will be less hate in the world. Maybe then we can learn to walk in an agape kind of love.
I believe in Heaven. I believe in Hell. I was raised in a church, so I know what the Bible says about Heaven and Hell. I just, I just….I don’t know if I want to believe that not everyone can go to Heaven. I would hate to see anyone go to Hell, well maybe with exception of Hitler and Osama Bin Laden---he is probably really enjoying is 70 (whatever) virgins.

“Heaven. Hell. Limbo, No one really knows where we’re going, or what’s waiting for us when we get there. But the one thing we can say for sure with absolute certainty…is that there are moments that take us to another place….moments of heaven on earth. And maybe for now, that’s all we need to know.”

I captured this last week at the lake. This is picture is the essence of heaven on earth. Maybe if we look for more moments of heaven on earth—we can live a long and beautiful life.








No comments:

Post a Comment