To write well, you must write what you know.This is what I know......

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Shiny Happy People


“Ask most people what they want outta life and the answer is simple…to be happy.”
                                                                                                            -Grey’s Anatomy

I have been on both sides of the fence before, a happy side and a sad side. I have even tottered in the middle and let me tell you that is one step away from insanity.
It is my true belief that you cannot be happy or be sad. You chose. I chose. I am solely responsible for my own emotions and how I chose to react at the mess life makes.


I am no neurologist, but it looks as if we use more of our brains to be sad that we use to be happy. It takes more effort to be sad. Depressed people sleep a lot more because their brains are worn out from keeping up. I do not know all this for a fact; I am just looking at the picture and trying to figure it out for myself.
            If you were to ask me what I wanted out of life, it would be to be happy. I feel like with happiness comes love, reassurance, peace, comfort and stability.
I searched for a white on the internet for happiness. I found this article to be incredibly useful and true. I think we could all use these steps as reminders for when life gets tough.( http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Happy)

9 STEPS TO BEING HAPPY
1.      Be optimistic: Understand that the past does not equal the future. See yourself as a cause, not an effect. Use positive affirmations. I actually use positive affirmations. On the back of my door, I have six quotes that build me up and remind me that I matter.
     2.      Follow your gut: Live by the 3 C’s of life: choices, chances, and changes. “You need to make a choice to take a chance or your life will never change.
3.      Make enough money to meet your basic needs: How much is that? The magic number is $40,000.
4.      Stay close to family and friends: You can find comfort in family and friends. Our family and friends have a greater impact on our happiness that our salary at work.
5.      Have deep meaningful conversations: Step away from the computer, put down the iPhone and meet someone for coffee.
6.      Find happiness in the job you have now: Once I understood this and was able to just be happy at work, my work life got far less complicated and my work days FLY by.
7.      Smile: J
8.      Forgive: Forgiveness will heal your heart.
9.      Make friends with those who share your interests and faith: I find the friends who share my interests and beliefs are the friends that are still around and the friends that make me my happiest when I am with them.


What do you want out of life? It is to be happy….isn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment